Friday, June 10, 2011

Garlic. Not for those with weak stomachs...

So... "sew" might be more appropriate.
I went to run errands all day long on Monday. I got home and the Mr. so desired that instead of running errands that I had chosen to clean the house instead.

"Well hun, I am not super wife/mom and I don't read minds either".

But I love my Mr. dearly so I planned to make a day of cleaning for Tuesday.

I woke up and went to the refrigerator to retrieve items for my breakfast smoothie when this large baby from Sam's club fell from the wee top of the shelf and landed first directly on my right foot. It shattered all over which I thought the shatter was from it hitting the tile partly as well.




Bad luck. It actually shattered when it landed on my foot. I don't know if you know how big these suckers are but if I put my hand up to measure it my hand would only reach up to halfway of the bottle. Plus a boatload of garlic kind of ways like A TON!

It felt like a brick dropped on my foot and I said something to the point of
"aw crap"
when I saw the shattered glass and garlic strewn all over the floor. But I realized a dump load of blood started draining from my foot. And looking through the bloody waterfall, it had cut deep.

Major deep.

But I didn't know how to apply pressure because it slit open my large toe, into my second toe and up leading to foot.

So I knew I had to call my mom to take me to get it fixed. I was holding my foot as it was gushing while calling my mom and swearing

"If she doesn't pick up the phone then "%#@^"
Which I probably thought some bad words in my head.


Carter had came over by then and said "oh, mommy, you hurt so bad?"
-Me "yessss babby, uh, *sniff* go stay near the couches please, there's glass on the floor!"

Well my mom almost didn't pick up, which by then I would've started panicking more then I was panicking already, but she did and I said "Come take me to the ER!"
She said if I could, I needed to go rinse it out and to apply pressure.

Aw Crap.

So I bent my toes upwards against my foot to hold the skin together as much as possible and grabbed a napkin that was at the desk nearby that had been used for my cookie and held it under my foot so I wouldn't drizzle blood all over the carpet to the bathroom. And how I even got to the bathroom was a blur.




I turned on the water in the tub and thought, "oh my gosh, there is no way I am putting that much water on this gaping wound, so I used my hand to funnel a lot less water and thought I'd shoot through the roof. As I started to get queasy I thought... ok if I pass out here that probably wouldn't be good.

My mom came, and took me out with a towel wrapped around my foot and we waited in instacare for about 2 hrs for no apparent reason -we were the only ones there besides someone who came in way after us-
(a boy with a rash)
who they let go before me
*weird*
I was starting to feel the queasiness from the idea of needles and other pointy objects.

The nurse cleaned it out (by then it had dried and sealed a little-she had to open it again!) and said
"it should be a few minutes"
actually a few minutes was a 1/2 hr. and finally the doctor came.

I said something retarded like "Do I HAVE to have stitches??"
And she said "Well... uh.... you don't HAVE to have stitches, but your risk for infection is a lot higher. You'd have to keep it completely clean and it will probably keep opening up because it is really deep"
In other words ...
*hello you dork yes you need stitches but because we're in America and it's a free country and it's your foot I'm not going to force you to HAVE stitches.


Me "do the stitches hurt when put in? do you numb it first?"
Her " actually the stitches shouldn't hurt, it's actually the numbing that causes the most pain"
Me "huh? - do you have to use needles?"
Her pointing to all the areas I'd need to be shot up.
Me thinking- Oh,.... that's not just one shot, that's several.... bbaaaaa!!!

But in my illogical ways at the moment, in my mind she was giving me another option which when compared to needles sounded a lot better to me.
She went out to let me decide for a minute. I started to get freaked out and really didn't want stitches-baahaaahaa- and then Carter started crying by then. He was done, poor baby. Which with my insane hormones going on, started my own waterworks.

Like honestly. Suck it up Jenn, you're a big girl now.

HOnestly embarrassing moment: having the doctor walk in as I'm trying to stop my waterworks and she was like "oh my, hun it's ok. Seriously, I think this is being blown up bigger for you then you think. As she sends my mom and boy out so I don't have to cry over his emotions as well.

I told her I wanted the stitches, I'm just just needle-Phoebe like no other mother.
Like seriously I'd rather be in hard labor and have an epidural put in my back rather then be fully conscious and aware of an epidural being put in my back.
She told me to look at the bright side, I didn't want an antibiotic because I'm pregnant. If I didn't have stitches the risk of infection was so much higher and if I got infected I'd have to get on a antibiotic and it would be a mess of non-fun.

Ok. I sucked it up. All better.
I got shot up, which did hurt but nothing like I imagined in my head, and had 9 stitches put in.



So it's Friday now, and since Tuesday I have been couch ridden, this is the first day I woke up and was able to put my heel on the ground with a little pressure and not kill. So we're looking at some light at the end of the tunnel now.


This is my toilet paper roll crutch my parents had *only 1 crutch
(toilet paper is to cover up the dirty handle I can't handle- bahaa)

and my "saran wrapped" foot since I don't have the attractive wrap to cover it up and hold dressings in.
Yes people, you can call this the white trash look.
Literally trash- saran wrap and toilet paper.

This has been how Carter has spent the week since I have to keep him from running outside (we have a busy street in front and he has to be watched)

He ran out yesterday and I about cried because he went on the side of the house where I couldn't see and wouldn't respond to me. We have a tall deck with a lot of stairs and I could hop down but wouldn't be able to get back up, plus I had a white shirt on with no bra.

Ya it was great.
Oh and did I mention my neighbor was out working in the yard?
And so I yelled from the screen door:
"Carter! get in here!"
Sweet voice "Carter, are you there honey???????"
Carter, do you want a Popsicle??????
A sucker???
Want to watch Word World?
Sid the science kid?

*seriously child get in here now!!!*

Finally he comes around the corner as I jumped down two stairs.
"Hi mom!"

ya... ok... If you want a show come watch me try and get up two stairs.

**************************

On a better note, I *went earlier in the week to some parade of homes with the Mr. It wasn't a very great show of homes but my favorites were #'s 3, 8 and 14 which were all very nicely done.
And now I'm drooling and want to totally decorate my house all fab.!

No comments:

Post a Comment